Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! At Homebot, we believe that every team member has an important role to play in bringing our mission statement to life. How do we do this? By keeping a clear focus on culture and engagement, and creating an environment where people are valued! We’re looking for problem solving innovators to join us in revolutionizing how people build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own — their home.
Homebot is a fintech company that helps users save money and build wealth by encouraging smart home finance decisions. We connect people to make informed homeownership decisions together. Our platform empowers consumers with personalized and actionable financial insights, and facilitates engagement with the experts through the full homeownership lifecycle.
Our Business Intelligence team is growing and we’re in need of an analytical and investigative problem solver to increase our level of data literacy for our awesome customers!
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great addition to the team!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (We have a hybrid work model in place that allows employees to split their time between working in-office and from home a few days a week.)
Compensation: We are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including skills, qualifications and professional experience, which can cause your compensation to vary. This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $75,000 - $95,000 plus an annual 10% performance bonus target.
For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
The impact you’ll make by joining us:
- Design, build, and maintain data products to improve data availability, quality, and access across all departments.
- Take data products through the entire product lifecycle, from meeting with key stakeholders all the way to building BI dashboards powered by your models.
- Be a subject matter expert across all sources of Homebot data.
- Translating business needs into analytical solutions through both ad-hoc analyses as well as designing long standing solutions.
- Building both exploratory, as well as operationally focused, user facing dashboards.
- Working with leadership, help to define and build out the analytics framework at Homebot, building dashboards to measure key metrics and results.
Within 1 month you will:
- Become Familiar with data across the entire organization, ranging from application data, sales data, marketing data and more.
Within 3 months you will:
- Start improving upon and maintaining internal dashboards, both in Tableau and Sigma.
- Begin to answer ad hoc reporting questions from various departments.
- Guide other teams on how to best ‘self serve’ their own data with the existing tooling.
Within 6 months you will:
- Meeting with stakeholders to gather project requirements for large scale projects.
- Design data models to drive dashboarding, reporting, or analytics.
- Produce new dashboards to provide the rest of the company with the data they need when they need it, or to glean new insights.
- fill in gaps in our analytics stack (via either new or improvements to existing dashboards/reporting) to ensure self service is accessible for technical and non technical teams alike.
Within 1 year you will:
- Develop and maintain models in dbt to power our analytics platform.
- Identify and solve new data problems our teams are facing, either in the form of generating new insights, metrics, or dashboards and reporting.
- Become an expert on all things Homebot data, and serve as a consultant to our internal teams.
Who You’ll Collaborate With:
- This role will report to the Business Intelligence Manager.
- You will work closely with every department.
- You will be part of a small but might 2 person team.
What You Bring:
- 1-3 years in business intelligence, analytics, or “data-centric” role.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience designing and building BI dashboards with tools like Tableau or Sigma. This includes post-production maintenance (ex. serving as a server admin for published BI tools).
- Understanding of ETL/rETL processes, as well as the rapidly growing market around them.
- Strong communication skills to work with a very diverse audience from a large range of technical backgrounds.
- Must be able to present and share data in a polished, meaningful way through multiple mediums (email, analyses, dashboards, presentations, etc.)
- Experience working cross functionally with other departments.
- Understanding of data quality, testing and QA.
- Experience or familiarity with ETL tooling, such as (but not limited to) Fivetran, Hightouch, Census, and dbt.
- Familiarity with data from the Real Estate and/or Mortgage lending industry.
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
Characteristics of a Homebot Business Intelligence Analyst
- Passionate about improving the work lives of your co-workers through data enablement.
- Enjoys working in a “start-up within a start-up” style team.
- Detail oriented, especially as it pertains to data integrity and making data driven decisions.
- Focused on finding areas to improve efficiency, both personally and for other teams within Homebot.
- Well organized and passionate about documentation
- Patient, friendly and a stellar attitude/coachable!
- No one slips through the cracks on your watch!
- A Solutions Creator who takes initiative and proactively adds value
- A quick learner, eager to grow by helping wherever needed!
- Confident, adaptable self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about data integrity and making data-driven decisions
- Efficiency-focused - always looking for new processes and tools to increase efficiency
- Collaborative, gritty, and resourceful
- A positive, ‘get it done’ attitude
- Action-oriented – won’t sit around and wait for someone else to do it
- Passionate about the details - nothing slips through the cracks!
- You are always curious; you maintain a learner’s mind in all aspects of the job, identifying and testing assumptions to get to the heart of a situation!
- You get stoked about joining a scaling team, where you can own initiatives, take on hats outside your role, and evolve this position to deliver maximum value to our teams and your career
- Humble, hard-working, and motivated
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- We are Humbly Hungry
- We are Courageously Authentic
- We Challenge Limiting Beliefs
- We Keep our Eye on the Ball, Hand in the Dirt
- and we do all of this TOGETHER, as a team, and we have fun doing it!
Read about how we rolled out these values to the organization!
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#91) and Best Midsize Places to Work (#44) for 2024!
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~40% female employees across the organization. We encourage you to check out two of our awesome BuiltinColorado’s articles featuring one of our fantastic engineers, as well as our Chief Customer Officer!!
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Medical (Aetna) / Dental (Aetna) / Vision (VSP)
- Homebot covers 99% for the employee and 50% for dependents
- 401(k) match
- Homebot matches 100% on the first 3% and an additional 50% on the next 2% (Homebotter contributes 5% and receives 4% from Homebot!)
- Flexible Vacation Policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & rewarding team members so we offer a flexible time off policy!
- 6 days of Sick/Mental Health time
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Budget for Home Office Setup
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (modern, spacious 4-story with top floor deck ⛰)
- Weekly catered lunches in-office on Thursdays
- Nitro cold brew, french press, and snacks (vegan, gluten-free and food allergy safe options available)
- Stocked beer/wine fridge
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Habitat for Humanity, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Financial Wellness Program
- Free Employee Assistance Program & Mental Health Coaches
- Educational Assistance Program
- Annual Training Budget for Professional Development
Our DEI Mission
Homebot values and is strengthened by diversity. We believe that everyone comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. With that, we’re committed to ensuring equity within as many aspects of our organization as we can.
Homebot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation including transgender status, national origin/ancestry, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, marital status, familial status or veteran status. We also encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description :)
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes people to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 100 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai