Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Homebot is an exciting, fast-growing startup, revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
We are growing rapidly and need an experienced Full Stack Engineer to build reusable APIs and infrastructure while optimizing the platform for maximum speed, reliability, and scalability.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon!
Who We Strive To Be as Homeboters:
- Servant Leaders: Serving our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Learners: We learn and share from experiences and mistakes
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, and paddle together
Characteristics of a Kickass Homebot Engineer:
- A positive, solution oriented thinker who takes initiative and adds value
- Quick learner and excited to help where needed
- A mentor to peers and likes to help others grow
- A pragmatist who places a high value on code quality
- A strong understanding of the value tests provide to a codebase
What You’ll Do:
- Grow our Rails-based APIs, auth services, data pipelines and databases through new features, services, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Work with team leaders to inform product road mapping, identifying bottlenecks, bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Understand and influence the vision and overall strategy
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- You’ll also have opportunities to dig into other technologies we use such as Node, Go, Docker, React, and Ember.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of production engineering experience
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years building scalable APIs
- Heavy Postgres experience and other database experience
- Ability to respond to situations in a timely manner, and meet personal commitments
- Experience in testing and TDD
- Experience in scaling applications with a commitment to ensuring maintainability
- Experience with Sidekiq, redis, memcache, ElasticSearch and other basics
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
- You have experience with
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Go / Elixir / Erlang / Python
- Everyone gets ownership in the company
- Health benefits - we pay 99% of the Homeboter’s cost
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service
- Paid Parental Leave
- EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Brand new office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Experienced leadership team with success in multiple exits
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch and fun quarterly events
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Food Drives, Giving Tree)
- Open environment with sit/stand desks
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for growth
More about Homebot:
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Each month, Homebot delivers a personalized report to homeowners that tracks home value, mortgages and market conditions, advice about when to buy or sell, when to refinance, when to drop mortgage insurance, how to save by strategically paying principal payments, and even estimates potential rental income from Airbnb. Homebot helps homeowners build wealth faster by making them feel empowered and confident about making smart home finance decisions.
But the only way a homeowner can get Homebot is from their lender or real estate agent, and this is where we make magic happen. Homebot respects the existing relationships between homeowner, lender and real estate agent and becomes a machine for generating repeat and referral business while creating incredible loyalty by providing something their clients actually love to receive - every month.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Join our team and be a part of something big!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai
* We realize your time is very valuable. Please do not apply if you do not have the minimum experience for this role. Thank you! *