Do you want to work for a design-driven company where you can help millions of homeowners build wealth with their home? And be a part of a team where you have ownership to drive design decisions and see the immediate impact of your work?
Homebot is a Denver-based, fast-growing company revolutionizing how homeowners build personal wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home. We sell our SaaS platform services to real estate agents, lenders, and loan servicers as a way to keep their clients engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until there is a vaccine widely available. Until then, you can work remotely in another state but will eventually need to be in the Denver area)
Targeted Base Salary Range: $105,000.00 - $115,000.00. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
Who We Strive To Be As Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
What You'll Be Accountable For:
- Lead the design of new features and products from conception through launch
- Seek to understand the holistic view of the problem and design comprehensive experiences with big picture strategy
- Lead discovery practices (research, personas, user needs, user flows, journey mapping, etc.) and present to the team
- Create lo-fi wireframes or prototypes to generate quick feedback
- Utilize your mastery of visual design, consistently using proper hierarchy, color, and clean typography, while incorporating interesting design elements that delight
- Understand and implement accessibility and WCAG standards
- Push the boundaries of our animation, transitions, and interaction libraries while maintaining consistency across the experience
- Consistently predict and address a majority of edge cases, sad paths, and empty states
- Leverage Homebot's design system in all daily design decisions. Balance bringing unique design elements to the table while advocating for consistency across the application
- Work with product and engineering teams to break down projects into a work plan - define scope, phases, and groom stories as a team
- Provide creative direction and contribute to thought leadership around design processes within the organization
- Lead and mentor other designers on the team through ongoing feedback and critique
- Strong understanding of emerging trends that will inform the development of best in class, user-centered design experiences
- Help scale our product design team with best practices and superior documentation
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience designing for consumer-facing or enterprise SaaS applications
- Autonomous mastery of craft: ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the implementation by partnering closely with product and engineering
- A portfolio showcasing seamless and consistent product-centric user experiences
- Fluent in modern tools like Figma, Sketch, Invision, Principle, Jira, etc.
- Mastery of design systems and component libraries
- Experience working within a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- Experience with front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Designed data visualization or fintech projects
- Knowledge and passion of real estate or lending industries
- Experience designing for Android or iOS apps
- This role will report to our Design Team Lead
- You will work closely with the Product and Engineering team
- You will be part of 3 other Designers on the team
Does this opportunity get you pumped?
Perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
When applying for this position, please provide a link to your portfolio
We’re interested in your design process, techniques and methodologies; not just polished or final visuals. We love to see sketches, workflows, annotated wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, task analysis, brainstorms and other artifacts of how you tackled the design challenge from start to finish.
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members who work here are not only passionate about the product but passionate about how they interact with their teammates. We push ourselves every day to be better and challenge each other to continuously grow. We are respectful and professional when we need to be, and goofy and fun when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Equity Appreciation Program
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays, and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet, and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 50 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth in 2020. We moved into some pretty sweet new digs in July 2019, and would love to have you come join us for some good times!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai