Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! Homebot is in hyper-growth mode, looking for exceptional humans to join us in revolutionizing how people build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own — their home.
Homebot helps people build wealth and improve their lives by supporting smart home finance decisions. Our platform educates consumers with personalized, actionable insights and keeps them connected with their lender and real estate agent through the full homeownership lifecycle -- from buying to selling to refinancing and more. A win-win for consumers and for lenders or agents seeking to grow their repeat and referral business.
We are scaling rapidly and need a creative, hungry, and kind Product Manager to lead one of our two consumer product teams, ensuring we continue to deliver powerful, relevant insights to help consumers make smart home finance decisions.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great addition to the team!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until October 28, 2021. Until then, you can work remotely in another state, but will eventually need to be in the Denver area once we fully reopen. When we return to office, we will have a hybrid work model in place that will allow employees to split their time between working in-office and from home a few days a week.)
Compensation: We are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including skills, qualifications and professional experience, which can cause your compensation to vary. This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $90,000 - $120,000, plus an annual 10% performance bonus target.
For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
Characteristics of a Homebot Product Manager:
- Collaborative, determined, and resourceful
- A solutions-creator who takes initiative and proactively adds value
- A quick learner, eager to grow by helping wherever needed
- A constant learner: you maintain a learner’s mindset in all aspects of the job, identifying and testing assumptions to get to the heart of a situation
- Passionate about the details - nothing slips through the cracks!
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Demonstrate a fascination with the home finance landscape; you have an insatiable hunger for learning about investment strategies, real estate trends, consumer behavior, home ownership trends, and more.
- Help your fellow Homebotters and users understand complex topics such as amortization, market dynamics, supply and demand, and more. Math doesn’t scare you. And yet, you can translate complexity into something clear and beautiful.
- Lead user-centric discovery work to decide which solutions to build, tapping a cross-functional and collaborative team of the other product managers, a UX researcher, a UX designer, architects, your technical team lead, customer success managers, product marketing managers, and more. You’ll read between the lines and apply design thinking to truly solve for business and user needs.
- Partner with your manager and other consumer products PM to define a strategic roadmap of problems to solve, aiming to make the complexities of home finance feel easy and fun for our users while staying consistent with Homebot’s unique value proposition to lenders.
- In partnership with your technical team lead and dedicated designer, lead your team of 3-5 developers to deliver working software every sprint.
- Be stoked to partner with a technical Team Lead to break down and prioritize sprint work, as well as share scrummastering duties. As a servant leader, you passionately seek to steward the health and performance of your development team.
- Gifted in communication and decision-making, you inspire your development team to deliver amazing results while instilling confidence in our company and users by handling inevitable conflict with grace.
- Passionate about positive user experiences, you perform QA activities and own product acceptance for every software release.
- As the owner of detailed requirements and QA, you balance your passion for user-centric design and crisp copy with your bias for action, knowing when to stop the polish so you can launch and learn!
- Effectively measure, communicate, and report on KPIs for the products you own and for your most recent projects. Partnering with the other consumer product PMs, you track learnings and use data to inform future design decisions.
- Working with your stakeholders, you gather detailed requirements, identify lead times, prioritize tasks, and manage stakeholder expectations for your team’s deliveries. You will provide excellent, audience-oriented demos for your stakeholders inside and outside the company to show -- not just tell -- how their inputs impacted our product.
- As a humble and motivated technology leader, you will use Agile practices to achieve these goals, including believing we can and should always find ways to improve.
- This role will report to the VP of Product, Sharayah Cook
- You will work closely with product managers, UX design and research, architects, developers, product marketing, and more
- Our organization is matrixed; You will be part of a cross-functional development team for your day-to-day, but you will also have the support of 7 teammates on the Product Management team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-6 years of software product management experience, preferably at a B2B2C or B2C company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting and teaching
- Personality that enjoys frequent change and can adjust priorities accordingly
- Technical acumen as showcased by a proven ability to partner with technical teammates (eg engineers) to achieve meaningful outcomes and translate tech speak to business-speak (eg as a support specialist)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to garner buy-in regardless of official authority
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
- Experience with Design Thinking (or similar methodologies and playbooks)
- CSPO, CSM, and/or relevant experience demonstrating an effective grasp of how to run healthy agile sprint teams
- Experienced with Jira, Monday.com, Figma, Miro, Lokalise, Mandrill, Twilio, Salesforce, Intercom, Wistia
- Past experience scaling with a quickly growing startup
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~50% female employees across the organization.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Remote Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Whiskey Tasting!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (modern, spacious 4-story with top floor deck ⛰)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Leadership Training & Promote from within
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth and upleveling skills
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes people to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 90 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai