Homebot is an exciting, fast-growing startup, revolutionizing how homeowners build wealth with the single largest asset they’ll ever own -- their home.
We sell our platform services to real estate agents, lenders and loan servicers as a way to keep customers engaged long after the sale is complete. Our customers love us and we love them!
We are growing rapidly and need an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to build reusable APIs and infrastructure while optimizing the platform for maximum speed, reliability, and scalability.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office. (Currently, due to COVID-19, we are working remotely and will continue to do so until there is a vaccine widely available. Until then, you can work remotely in another state but will eventually need to be in the Denver area)
Targeted Base Salary Range: $130,000 - $150,000.00 DOE. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- Servant Leaders: We serve our teammates and customers first, with the purpose of enabling and supporting them to be successful
- Respect, Thoughtfulness & Maturity: We show through our actions
- Accountability: We know our jobs & take ownership
- One Team: We make decisions, get in the same boat, & paddle together
- Diligent: We are persistent in the details
- Initiative: We seek improvements continuously
- Solution Drivers: We create solutions rather than focus on problems
- Positivity Builders: We recognize that great attitudes are contagious
- Learners: We fail fast & share from our experiences & mistakes
Characteristics of a Homebot Engineer:
- A positive, solution oriented thinker who takes initiative and adds value
- Quick learner and excited to help where needed
- A mentor to peers and likes to help others grow
- A pragmatist who places a high value on code quality
- A strong understanding of the value tests provide to a codebase
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Grow our Rails-based APIs, auth services, data pipelines and databases through new features, services, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Work with team leaders to inform product road mapping, identifying bottlenecks, bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Understand and influence the vision and overall strategy
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- You’ll also have opportunities to dig into other technologies we use such as Go, Docker, React, and Ember.
- Possibility of working on Mobile App project for 2020
- This role will report to Director, Engineering
- You will work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design departments
Experience & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of production engineering experience
- 4-5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 4+ years building scalable APIs
- Heavy Postgres experience and other database experience
- Ability to respond to situations in a timely manner, and meet personal commitments
- Experience in testing and TDD
- Experience in scaling applications with a commitment to ensuring maintainability
- Experience with Sidekiq, redis, memcache, ElasticSearch and other basics
- Familiarity with concepts from Clean Code, SOLID principles, or similar
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending and the different stakeholders involved with homeownership
- You have experience with
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Go / Elixir / Erlang / Python
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#75!) and Best Small Places to Work (#21!).
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~50% female employees across the organization.
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Health benefits (we pay 99% of the Homebotter’s cost for the 80/20 medical plan)
- Medical & Dental: United Healthcare
- Vision: Beam (VSP)
- Great vacation policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & reward team members as they reach milestone years of service (3 weeks accrued vacation to start!)
- Equity Appreciation Program
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- 401K (Guideline)
- Remote Activities: Wellness Challenges, Trivia, Tequila & Chocolate Tasting, Whiskey Tasting!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (top floor overlooking Union Station!)
- Events like: Tasty Tuesdays, Wellness Wednesdays and Thankful Thursdays
- Onsite Massages 2x/month
- Nitro cold brew, french press, smoothie bullet and snacks
- Rotating beer tap + stocked beer/wine fridge
- Monthly lunch paid by Homebot
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Volunteer Days, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Leadership Training & Promote from within
- Professional development opportunities/trainings
- Opportunities for career growth and upleveling skills
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes homeowners to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 70 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai